Are you customer-service oriented? Do you have a strong commitment to excellence in your work? Are you a problem-solver? Then come join our team!
Download and Print our application HERE.
Bring your completed application in to either location. We are always accepting applications and looking for great people to join our team.
NEW JOB POSTING: Head Baker opening for new location in Rogers, AR (posted 3/2/17)
Reports to: General Manager
Job Tasks (general overview):
· Determine daily production quantities of breads, muffins and pastries
· Efficiently plan preparation and oven schedules according to production log
· Oversee multiple bakery assistants, training and re-training as needed
· Create sponges, pre-ferments, and batters following Neighbor’s Mill recipes; bring dough to the table for kneading, cutting, weighing, portioning, forming and panning
· Ensure quality control, including but not limited to following recipes, preventing over/under portioning of ingredients, adhering to proof/bake times, and confirming consistency of products on daily basis
· Manage proof and bake times effectively, including having all muffins and sweets ready by store opening daily and special orders/catering orders ready on time
· Communicate regularly with owner/general manager/café manager/bakery counter manager
· Schedule bakery assistants and ensure efficient control of labor costs
· Enforce cleanliness, safety, and sanitary work habits with all bakery assistants
· Provide routine preventative maintenance for all bakery equipment, including oven, mixers, and grain mill
· Attend regular manager meetings and holiday planning meetings as required
· Keep accurate and thorough records of production quantity/quality
· Follow through to make sure all special orders are completed in a timely manner
· Take disciplinary action with bakery assistants when necessary
Necessary Qualifications: Candidate must have passion, knowledge, and understanding of the art and science of bread baking; thorough and working knowledge of baker’s math/percentages, scaling ingredients and recipes, and converting recipes from volume to weight as needed. Candidate must be customer-service oriented, willing to work as part of a team, have experience with and feel comfortable managing others, have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong commitment to excellence in their work. Candidate should also have an interest in and willingness to learn the process of milling wheat, spelt and rye.
Ideal candidate should have valuable baking experience in a high-production commercial bakery or kitchen. Experience in viennoiserie and laminated doughs a plus. Culinary graduate and ServSafe Certified preferred.
Compensation: competitive salaried position
To apply, please send resume and detailed cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Other questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org